To learn about the latest study on cranberries and the urinary tract, please read –
- fruits and vegetables (ex – banana and potato)
- whole grains
- fish, poultry
To keep potassium from being excreted , lower –
- excess sodium
- excess sugar
- caffeine drinks
- canned foods and processed foods
Many companies sell cranberry capsules to supplement cranberry juice. I enjoy cranberry concentrate liquid in vege-gel capsules. When you buy cranberry juice, please don’t buy it with sugar added.
Gaia Urinary Support (vege liquid phyto-caps) is another way to support your urinary tract with the following herbs –
- uva ursi – disinfectant, diuretic, urinary antiseptic, also used for inflammation and may help with kidney stones
- coptis – contains berberine, fights infections in the urinary tract
- echinancea – supports the immune system, may increase white blood cells to fight infections
- usnea – anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, diuretic, taken for bladder and kidney health
Caution – Gaia Urinary Support should not be used during pregnancy or lactation. Consult your doctor before using if you have a medical condition or take prescription drugs. Do not give to children.
The herb cornsilk is used as a diuretic, may help with uric acid build-up and inflammation in the bladder and kidneys.
If you take herbal diuretics, remember it is not considered safe to take them continually.
THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE ADDING ANY NEW PRODUCTS OR CHANGING YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS.